The Australian Clean Technologies Competition is seeking Australias best companies in the high-tech, high-skill cleantech sector. The competition assesses, mentors and promotes these companies providing a uniquely Australian take on the future.
Companies can be delivering technologies, services and policies that address pollution, waste treatment and energy storage, new ways of looking at energy efficiency, building materials, transportations systems, public utilities and much more.
The Competition was first run in 2011 as a way to identify the best ways of addressing the challenges of climate change and sustainability. The 2013 competition was launched in March 2013 and will provide another opportunity for Australian cleantech companies to develop their businesses.
Whats New in 2013?
- Open to More Companies – eligibility criteria now allows for larger companies to enter.
- Partnering with Industry – we have partnered with industry associations to enable improved channels to market for competition entrants. This includes the sponsorship of ARENA and Dairy Australia to specifically find renewable energy and food industry solutions. We also have partners that will enable the best companies to be recognised by and connect with target industry sectors such as mining, manufacturing and the built environment.
- International Market Entry Acceleration Program to help drive export readiness and growth and including an Asian trade mission.
- Cleantech Business Accelerator Program – the Top 30 Entries will win an intensive mentoring program on commercialisation, funding and pitching.
- International Market Entry Acceleration Program – the Top 30 Entries will be able to attend this Program to help drive export readiness and growth. The Program will be delivered partly in Australia. The six award winners will also be partially funded on a trade mission to China to seek opportunities for sales, finance and collaboration.
- Cleantech Open Global Ideas Competition – the Overall Winner of the Australian competition will remotely represent Australia in the global finals*. *:Subject to meeting the global competition eligibility criteria
Six Award Categories
As well as the Overall Winner, there will also be category winners for the best clean technology for specific industries.
- Australian Clean Technologies Competition 2013 Overall Winner
- ARENA Renewable Energy Award
- Dairy Australia Food & Beverage Cleantech Award
- Manufacturing Cleantech Award
- Built Environment Cleantech Award
- Mining Cleantech Award
“The 2012 Cleantech Competition win has further increased our profile as an LED lighting technology innovator. Following the competition publicity, we have been contacted by a number of new potential clients.” Steve Cahill, enLighten, 2012 Winner.
“The access to the Silicon Valley investment community really helped our business, and the domestic exposure has helped us develop a stronger presence here in Australia,” Wayne Ryan, SMAC Tech,
See 2012 FINALIST & SEMI FINALIST INTERVIEWS HERE
See 2012 SEMI FINALIST COMPANY PROFILES HERE
The Australian competition is an initiative of the Australian Government’s Supplier Advocate Program and its Clean Technology Focus for Supply Chains. It is supported by Enterprise Connect, Commercialisation Australia, CSIRO and Austrade.